[MAIPC] New EDRR species in the Mid-Atlantic

Farrah, Mary mfarrah at udc.edu
Tue Apr 28 10:00:06 PDT 2015

Hi All,
I got an email from a DC resident, Larry Haller, who has Corydalis incisa growing aggressively growing in his yard. According to this link<http://blogs.nybg.org/science-talk/2014/07/detecting-an-invasive-plant-before-its-too-late/> it's a big  problem in NY. It occupies the same niche as fig buttercup.

The USDA only lists it occurring in NY, but now that there's been multi-state communication about this species, we're finding that it is more wide spread in this region than previously thought. Larry posted photos of this plant on some local listservs and found someone from a nearby neighborhood has it growing in their yard (yet to be verified). NY says that Philly reported a sighting. There was also a potential sighting in Northern Virginia. We should add it to our EDRR list. Has anyone else encountered this species in their region?

[cid:image001.png at 01D07EA4.08786A70]   [cid:image002.png at 01D07EA4.08786A70]  [cid:image004.jpg at 01D081B3.3FDFE030]

Best,
Mary Farrah | Environment & Natural Resources  Extension Agent

The Center for Sustainable Development
COOPERATIVE EXTENSION SERVICE
College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability & Environmental Sciences (CAUSES)
The University of the District of Columbia
4200 Connecticut Ave., NW | Washington, DC 20008

mfarrah at udc.edu<https://udcmsg008.firebirds.udc.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx> | direct 202.274.6682
If I don't promptly respond to your email it means I'm working in the field. I will reply when I return to the office.