[MAIPC] Ailanthus and Basalbark Treatment

Art Gover aeg2 at psu.edu
Wed Aug 12 08:40:01 PDT 2015

The rationale of the winter cut is to complete it before decay can begin in earnest in the following spring.  I’ve never studied it empirically, but observation suggests that significant decay and even fruiting bodies are present on ailanthus by end of first ’not-growing-anymore-season’.

Be well.

Art

Penn State Wildland Weed Management
116 ASI Building