[MAIPC] spotted knapweed in the east

Swearingen, Jil jil_swearingen at nps.gov
Wed Jul 1 08:01:21 PDT 2015

Judy,

I'm glad we are giving this plant more attention. It is definitely an
invasive in natural areas in the eastern states. See the EDDMapS based map
of its distribution nationwide from the Invasive Plant Atlas of the United
States.  I saw large infestations of it along I-70 and I-68 this past
weekend in Allegany and Washington Cos. in Maryland.

http://www.invasiveplantatlas.org/subject.html?sub=3013

Thank you,

Jil

--
*​Jil Marie Swearingen*

*IPM and Invasive Species CoordinatorIntegrated Pest Management Program*
*National Capital Region*
*Natural Resources and Science*
*4598 MacArthur Blvd., N.W.*
*Washington, DC 20007*
*​202-339-8318*

​PM Resources: ​
​
<http://www.nature.nps.gov/biology/ipm/>
http://www1.nrintra.nps.gov/BRMD/ipm/
Pesticide Use Proposal System (PUP
​S):
​https://irma.nps.gov/pups ​
Please take a moment to share your feedback
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QPGJJJ> on the assistance I provided you.

"
*Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre
minds​.​"* Albert
Einstein