[MAIPC] Corydalis incisa info request

Heffernan, Kevin (DCR) Kevin.Heffernan at dcr.virginia.gov
Wed Jul 15 13:31:54 PDT 2015

Below is an info request from a colleague at Virginia Natural Heritage Program doing a risk assessment of Corydalis incisa.

Hi All,

I am working on assessing the invasive risk level of Corydalis incisa in Virginia. Some of you may have found this species in the field and have firsthand accounts of it.

I'm looking for any additional information that might be out there, besides the Phytoneuron paper (Atha, Schuler and Lumban Tobing 2014) and the NYBG blog post derived from that paper.

After reading through these, some of the questions I still have are:

1) Has it been found invading undisturbed natural areas?
2) What kinds of impacts does it appear to have on the ecological communities it has invaded?
3a) Do we have an idea of its current range in North America? /its potential range?
3b) Do we know if it is limited to a particular kind of habitat (i.e. forested riparian)?
4) Is anything known about its management difficulty, seed bank, etc?

Any information pertaining to this species (sighting locations, treatment efforts, habitat descriptions, etc.) would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chelsea C. Richardson
Stewardship Technician
VA Dept. of Conservation & Recreation
Natural Heritage Division
600 E Main Street, 16th Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23219

Kevin Heffernan
Stewardship Biologist
Virginia Department of Conservation & Recreation
Division of Natural Heritage
600 E Main Street, 16th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
804.786.9112
kevin.heffernan at dcr.virginia.gov<mailto:kevin.heffernan at dcr.virginia.gov>
www.dcr.virginia.gov/natural_heritage<http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/natural_heritage>

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." --John Muir