[MAIPC] Corydalis incisa: be on the lookout

Ruth Douglas cvilleruth at embarqmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:27:40 PDT 2016

Last year around the end of April I went looking for possible Corydalis
incisa along Red Bud Creek, near my home in Albemarle Co. VA. I found
probably 40 plants in bloom and starting to go to seed. I pulled up all
those I saw and flagged the area. This year I went back on April 3 and found
about 15 plants in bloom nearby, but not yet going to seed, and pulled them
all and again flagged the area.

In the last several days I have heard of two more infestations in Virginia,
one more in Albemarle Co. and one in Madison Co., both in extensive private
native plant gardens. I don't know if the plant hitchhiked in with another
plant purchased from a supplier or whether the owner planted them without
realizing that they could be very invasive; I will investigate that.

I don't think I can attach a picture, but here is a link to a photo
http://www.henriettes-herb.com/galleries/photos/c/co/corydalis-incisa-1.html

And here is a link to a plants profile
http://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=COIN21

Ruth Douglas