[MAIPC] FW: Fwd: Garnet Autumn Olive on sale for $35!

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Wed Aug 31 19:18:55 PDT 2016

Opinions anyone? Marc

From: MAIPC [mailto:maipc-bounces at lists.maipc.org] On Behalf Of Susan Gitlin
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:23 PM
To: maipc at lists.maipc.org
Subject: [MAIPC] Fwd: Garnet Autumn Olive on sale for $35!

In the past, I have expressed concerns to this Virginia-based company about their sales of Morus alba.  Now I see that they are selling Garnet Autumn Olive.  I am wondering whether any of you know whether that particular cultivar behaves differently than the species.

Thank you.

--Susan Gitlin

August 30th, 2016

  <http://www.virginia-mail.com/mailer/uploads/1453294686.PNG>

  <http://www.virginia-mail.com/mailer/uploads/1470374237.jpg>

 <http://www.virginia-mail.com/mailer/l/Sad8921su4QWn2CLwGhWgFTQ/5uaZyK440rLlSA1NIOsYvw/Ch892Hks0mfYgU7xmq62cqmQ> Local and Fresh Foods Start Here

At this time the ground works nicely with the ample amount of rain this season. September is a great month for planting outside and visiting our area.

We hope to see you at this annual event in September. This year that is September 17th. There will be tours and lectures and all plants for pick-up are 20% off of regular prices this day. Also, see our 50% off list too.

*	9:30am Michael McConkey (our owner) will be leading the 1st tour. Grapes, kiwi, persimmon and more. Your questions answered…. Bring a note pad!
*	10:15am Door prize; Legacy blueberry in a 3 gallon size.
*	11:00 am George Staten will lead a medicinal plant tour. Noah of Sweet Melissa’s Herbals will be showing herbal products. Jeannie McConkey will demonstrate these products with hand massages.
*	11:45 am Door prize; Korean Giant Pear 3 gallon size.
*	12:00 noon Dan Lefever will lead an organic orchard workshop and tour.
*	12:45 pm Door prize; Saijo Persimmon in a gallon size.
*	1:00 pm Pam Patrick (our grafter) and Michael will lead a grafting workshop under the tent. Fall budding especially, will be demonstrated and your questions answered.
*	1:45 pm Door Prize; Li Jujube in a gallon size.
*	2:00 pm Michael will tour the orchard and you can sample what’s ripe.
*	2:45 pm Door Prize; Seedless Che in a gallon size.
*	3:00 pm At this time we are leaving this slot open for either another tour for out late comers or a book signing and discussion by Ben Kessler. (not yet confirmed). If there is interest in Dan & Michael doing an orchard tour of their specific orchard practices, spraying, pruning, bagging etc… that is also in the works.

50% off (for pick up on September 17th only)

*	Garnet Autumn Olive 7 gallon Was $70, Now $35
*	Goldrush Apple all sizes and rootstocks 50% off
*	Aronia quart size Was $15, Now $7.50
*	Toro Blueberry ¾ gallon Was $15, Now $7.50
*	Layroka Chinese x American Chestnut quart Was $15, Now $7.50
*	Tundra, Indigo Gem, Indigo Treat Edible Honeysuckle bush ¾ gallon Was $25, Now $12.50
*
*	Butternut gallon Was $25, Now $12.50
*	Hosui Asian Pear all sizes 50% off
*	Shinko Asian Pear all sizes 50% off
*	Chojuro Asian Pear all sizes 50% off

 <http://www.virginia-mail.com/mailer/l/Sad8921su4QWn2CLwGhWgFTQ/1QVq2Klh8my5r6s8bEMbtw/Ch892Hks0mfYgU7xmq62cqmQ> Find out more >

Edible Landscaping
361 Spirit Ridge Ln.
Afton, VA 22920
(434) 361-9134 <tel:%28434%29%20361-9134>

 <http://www.virginia-mail.com/mailer/l/Sad8921su4QWn2CLwGhWgFTQ/RWCNNtz4qnPilwxpSO892k4Q/Ch892Hks0mfYgU7xmq62cqmQ>    <http://www.virginia-mail.com/mailer/l/Sad8921su4QWn2CLwGhWgFTQ/H5weOg5jyIT7n7WXbuWvpA/Ch892Hks0mfYgU7xmq62cqmQ>

  <http://www.virginia-mail.com/mailer/t/Ch892Hks0mfYgU7xmq62cqmQ/Sad8921su4QWn2CLwGhWgFTQ>

--

---