[MAIPC] Continental Dialogue meeting + blog about Phytophs on herbaceous plants

Phytodoer at aol.com Phytodoer at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 10:38:29 PDT 2016

Dear forest pest  mavens & others:
I ask you to  consider participating in the 12th meeting of the Continental
Dialogue  on Non-Native Forest Insects and Diseases – in Indianapolis on
November 14 &  15.
Registration is now  open at http://www.cvent.com/d/xfqdrx/4W
Our agenda includes  presentations or discussions on
·         Current pest issues in Indiana and the broader MidWest, e.g.,
thousand cankers disease and Asian  longhorned beetle
·         Post-EAB invasion wave efforts to protect or restore both urban
and  wildland forests
·         The variety of citizen-engagement programs now under  way
·         Efforts to improve federal policies re: forest pests – possible
amendments to the Farm bill, other approaches, engaging the new
Administration  (whoever wins!)
The full agenda will  be posted at the registration site soon.
I have posted a new  blog at _www.cisp.us_ (http://www.cisp.us/)    This
blog focuses on the  widespread presence of Phytophthora  species in native
plant nurseries in California – and asks whether a similar  risk exists in
other states.
This blog makes my  41st posting in 1 year.  I hope you have found them
informative.  I can provide compilations of the blogs  if you wish to have a
complete set.
Faith