[MAIPC] Choosy deer choose.....natives

Stephen Hiltner stevehiltner at gmail.com
Mon May 2 14:11:50 PDT 2016

This sentence in the article is curious: "But other invasive, introduced
plants -- Oriental bittersweet, European privet, and Morrow's honeysuckle,
and a native plant, red maple -- were highly preferred by deer."

In Princeton, NJ, the deer can often keep multiflora rose and winged
euonymus from growing back after being cut to the ground. Nice to have that
assistance. They don't appear to be interested in privet, honeysuckle or
Asian photinia.

<goog_353779904>
PrincetonNatureNotes.org
Newscompanion.com.