[MAIPC] Another attack on invasive plant control

Stephen Hiltner stevehiltner at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:49:30 PDT 2016

Though the NY Times has been doing more than its share, another surprising
source of distortions on the invasive species issue is NPR's You Bet Your
Garden program, whose post
<http://www.gardensalive.com/product/lesser-celandinefor-some-a-bitter-buttercup/you_bet_your_garden>on
lesser celandine shows up on the first page of a google search. The host,
Mike McGrath, who comes from an organic gardening background, attempts to
impose the organic ethic on habitat restoration, a subject he seems to know
nothing about. He is widely listened to, and his website widely read,
making him a significant contributor to the false narrative. Might we want
to start a letter writing campaign, perhaps directly to NPR, to have him
remove the misinformation from his website?

As with the NY Times pieces, I've written a detailed critique:

http://newscompanion.blogspot.com/2016/05/you-bet-your-garden-radio-show.html