[MAIPC] Lespedeza cuneata

Randall, John L jrandall at email.unc.edu
Wed Sep 14 18:46:16 PDT 2016

I can speak from much experience that Lespedeza cuneate is horribly invasive – particularly in meadows/savannas/prairies where fire is used for management.

Mowing does NOT kill the plant and it’s virtually impossible to hand-weed. Herbicide is unfortunately the only real control method. We use either a 2.5% glyphosate or triclopyr solution.

Seeds can lay dormant for probably decades (awaiting a fire or not).

Johnny Randall