[MAIPC] MAIPC Conference 2017

Ossi, Damien (DOEE) damien.ossi at dc.gov
Tue Apr 25 07:55:52 PDT 2017

Hi Grant,

I announced the conference back in March, but here are the details with an update of confirmed speakers:

This year, the Mid-Atlantic Invasive Plant Council is partnering with the Society for Ecological Restoration, Mid-Atlantic Chapter to host our 2017 conference.  Playing off of our 2013 conference title, the two Boards are proud to present:

Invasion Biology: Paths to Conservation and Restoration Success

Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA
August 1 & 2, 2017

Keynote:  Dr. Douglas W. Tallamy, Professor of Entomology and Wildlife Ecology, University of Delaware; author of Bringing Nature Home and The Living Landscape (with Rick Darke).

Other confirmed speakers:
Bill McShea, Smithsonian Institution
Rod Simmons, City of Alexandria, VA
Beth Ginter, Chesapeake Conservation Landscaping Council

Sponsorship opportunities are available.

Later this week look for a solicitation for abstracts for short TED-style presentations and an evening poster session.

Student scholarships will be available thanks to a generous sponsorship from Invasive Plant Control Inc.  Details to follow soon.

Thank you,

Damien Ossi
President, MAIPC