[MAIPC] Philly Street Trees

Marian Orlousky morlousky at appalachiantrail.org
Tue Feb 7 06:46:13 PST 2017

These are excellent details to discuss.  In addition to highlighting
species which are known to hybridize and have traits that would indicate
they may become invasive, we should encourage the use of natives as a
general practice to support native wildlife and especially pollinator
species. Even if a non-native can be proven 100% safe (which is not
possible) it won't match the ecosystem value of a native alternative.

Marian Orlousky
Northern Resource Management Coordinator
Appalachian Trail Conservancy
4 East First Street
Boiling Springs, PA 17007
Direct Line: 717-260-3217
MARO Office: 717-258-5771 ex: 208
Fax: 717.258.1442
morlousky at appalachiantrail.org
www.appalachiantrail.org

The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the
Appalachian Trail – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless
cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for
centuries to come. To become a member, volunteer, or learn more, visit
www.appalachiantrail.org.