[MAIPC] using the Farm Bill to strengthen APHIS & USDA tree pest programs

Phytodoer at aol.com Phytodoer at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 11:28:17 PDT 2017

Dear Forest Pest Mavens,

Every 5 years the Congress adopts a new Farm Bill. The House & Senate
Agriculture Committees are currently holding hearings and taking testimony &
comments about the next Farm Bill (due in 2019). So NOW is a great time to let
your Representative and Senators know about  changes in USDA programs that
would strengthen both prevention and restoration  programs.

Go to my blog at _www.cisp.us_ (http://www.cisp.us)  or _www.nivemnic.us_
(http://www.nivemnic.us)  to read about five proposals  aimed at 1)
strengthening APHIS pest-prevention mandate; 2) providing more  resources for APHIS
to respond to pests detected in the country; 3) providing  both direction and
resources for USDA efforts to both a) develop such long-term  strategies as
biological control and resistance breeding b) experiment with  strategies
for planting resistant trees in the forest.

I also list the members of the House & Senate Agriculture committees -  if
your Member is one of these, please use your power to  ask them to consider
these proposals.

You may obtain the proposed amendments in legislative language from  me.

Faith T. Campbell