[MAIPC] Fwd: [Aliens-L] Fwd: invitation to be co-signatory on our paper Scientists' Warning to Humanity concerning global environment

Jil Swearingen jilswearingen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 23:48:42 PDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Franck Courchamp" <franck.courchamp at u-psud.fr>
Date: Jul 20, 2017 11:10 AM
Subject: [Aliens-L] Fwd: invitation to be co-signatory on our paper
Scientists' Warning to Humanity concerning global environment
To: <aliens-l at list.auckland.ac.nz>, <pii at list.auckland.ac.nz>, <
issgmemberslist at list.auckland.ac.nz>

Dear colleague
please consider signing this important paper, and further forwarding to
other colleagues.
Best
Franck

Twenty five years ago, in 1992, the Union of Concerned Scientists and over
1500 scientists published the famous declaration entitled “World
Scientists’ Warning to Humanity”. They called on humanity to curb
environmental destruction, warning “all humanity that a great change in our
stewardship of the earth and the life on it is required, if vast human
misery is to be avoided.” Now, on the 25th anniversary of their famous
call, we looked back at their warning and evaluated the human response over
the last quarter century. This 25-year update will soon be published by
BioScience.

To see the in press article “World scientists’ warning to humanity: a
second notice” and add your name as a co-signatory, click:
*http://scientistswarning.forestry.oregonstate.edu/
<http://scientistswarning.forestry.oregonstate.edu/>*

This short article is only 1,000 words long and can be read in 6 minutes.
If you are a scientist, we invite you to endorse this article by adding
your name to the co-signatory list. In doing so, when the article is
published by BioScience, you will be included in the full list of
co-signatories in the article’s online supplemental material.

Please forward this email to other scientists that may also be interested
in signing.  If you use Twitter, consider inviting your colleagues to add
their signatures by including #ScientistsWarningToHumanity
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/ScientistsWarningToHumanity?src=hash> in a
tweet.

Thanks for helping get this message to world leaders. The deadline for
signing is August 18, 2017.

Thank you,

William J. Ripple

Distinguished Professor of Ecology

Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society

Richardson Hall #321

Oregon State University

Corvallis, OR 97331

541 737 3056

bill.ripple at oregonstate.edu

www.cof.orst.edu/cascades

--

Franck Courchamp

*Biodiversity Dynamics *

Lab of Ecologie, Systematique & Evolution • UMR CNRS 8079 •

Bat. 362, Université Paris-Sud

91405 ORSAY Cedex, FRANCE

*T*el : +33 (0)1 69 15 56 85

*W*eb : http://www.ese.u-psud.fr/epc/conservation/pages/Franck/index.html