[MAIPC] Fwd: harmful milkweed from Home Depot

Margaret Chatham margaret.chatham at verizon.net
Sun Jun 18 18:13:34 PDT 2017

Dear Kathy,

The plant DNA is unchanged. Once the neo-nics are worked out of the plant¹s
system (when? Next year?) they will be normal, native milkweed. It does not
make the plant any more invasive than it would normally be (common milkweed
can certainly be very aggressive ‹ I didn¹t catch if they said which species
of milkweed was being sold.)

Yes, this practice is very bad & self-defeating as far as monarchs &
pollinators are concerned, but it doesn¹t change the plant itself.

Margaret