[MAIPC] Scilla siberica

John Ambler john.ambler at verizon.net
Thu Mar 23 19:57:23 PDT 2017

Hi Jil and maipc list members,

I believe there is a population of squill, Scilla siberica, at Tucquan Glen
in southern Lancaster Co., PA.  I did a Google search on squill EDDMAPS and
immediately got the distribution map for it.

It is severely invasive in Minnesota:
https://www.minnesotawildflowers.info/flower/siberian-squill  .  At Tucquan
Glen I have seen it for years, but I will start quantifying the population
over time.

This is on a rich, high, forested floodplain.  Snowdrops started being
invasive on the same floodplain, but it is easy to pull out clumps of it.

Photos below are from March 22, 2017.  If anyone knows that this is not
Scilla siberica, please let me know.

John Ambler

Lancaster, PA

Please pardon the Indian strawberry and ground ivy.