[MAIPC] Glyphosate's effects on trees and soil microbia

Bruce Barbour bbarbour at scarletmail.rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 18 10:04:59 PDT 2017

"(1) Pennsylvania Extension Service:  Tree roots absorb glyphosate; it has
a much longer half-life than when it is in the soil.  A single glyphosate
application results in ,persistent stunted leaf growth."

That is not what the Penn State document says. It says it is absorbed
though the bark of young trees with very thin bark.

Read the other documents carefully and I suspect you may find similar
misstatements or misinterpretations.

Any contact herbicide needs to be carefully directed to only hit the target
species.

Bruce Barbour
Rutgers Professor Emeritus
Agricultural Ecology

--
 Bruce Barbour                                     Voice: 908-475-6505
 Ag & Resource Management Agent       Fax: 908-475-6514