[MAIPC] NCR PRISM introduction

Frey, Mark mark_frey at nps.gov
Fri Apr 13 05:51:21 PDT 2018

All

There is a new organization forming in the DC area focused on invasive
species. The National Capital Region PRISM (Partnership for Regional
Invasive Species Management) is a collaborative effort to improve our
ability to respond to invasive species issues in the National Capital
Region.The NCR PRISM replaces (and expands) the DC-CWMA; the NCR-PRISM will
consider all taxa, not just plants. We are defining the NCR as DC and the
adjacent counties but will consider expanding that definition in the
future.

We will get more information out soon but for now:

   - Save the date for our launch event: Tuesday July 31st at the National
   Arboretum - more information will be available in May
   - Sign up for our training: Thursday June 7th at Fort Dupont in
   Washington DC (this replaces the DC-CWMA / EPMT annual training) register
   here
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbntk6miR0Lsd4ZSRq8W9bTN0ejLoTGCp_ZI0S7H80_sG8Tw/viewform>

This group is meant to connect professionals involved in managing,
studying, and teaching about invasive species. We overlap with a new PRISM
forming in Northern Virginia but know that we are in close communication.

Mark Frey
Exotic Plant Management Team Liaison
National Capital Region
202-339-8317