[MAIPC] Japanese Stilt grass at Catoctin

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Sat Dec 22 05:04:18 PST 2018

Hi Bill,

Can you follow up on about how much Japanese Stiltgrass has declined at
Catoctin Mountain National Park with deer now reduced to 15 or 20/square
mile? I remember that you have good contacts there. Dick Reardon is still
looking for JSG biological controls in Eurasia. Deer exclosures reduce JSG
to easy controllable densities. The question has been if natural densities
of 20/square mile work well. Mark Frey has told me about this success at
Catoctin at our invasive species control conference last week in Nashville.

Marc Imlay, PhD, Chair, MAIPC Biological control working Group

Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office, Non-native Invasive Plant
Control coordinator.
(301) 442-5657 cell   <mailto:ialm at erols.com> ialm at erols.com
Natural and Historical Resources Division
The  Maryland-National   Capital   Park  and Planning Commission
 <http://www.pgparks.com/> www.pgparks.com