[MAIPC] FW: Ailanthus and Spotted Lantern Fly two for the price of one

Libhart, Trilby tlibhart at pa.gov
Mon Feb 5 05:56:55 PST 2018

The instars feed on a multitude of different plant material.  After becoming adults and when they are ready to mate and lay eggs, they are strongly attracted to ailanthus.  That is the reason for the ailanthus trap trees.

Trilby Libhart | Botanist
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture | Bureau of Plant Industry
2301 North Cameron Street | Harrisburg, PA 17110
Phone: 717.787.7204 | Fax: 717.783.3275 | tlibhart at pa.gov<mailto:tlibhart at pa.gov>
www.agriculture.state.pa.us<http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/>