[MAIPC] BMSB question

Richard Gardner rtgardner3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 15:03:00 PST 2018

I have been seeing brown marmorated stink bugs emerging in my home randomly this winter. Over the last week or so, several of these creatures have been flushed down the toilet. Any thoughts as to why they are emerging? Is a disease or parasite possibly affecting their nervous systems causing this unexpected behavior?
Over the last several years, the number of BMSB at our home, less than 25 linear miles from Kutztown,PA, ground zero for this creature, we have seen a marked decrease from seven years ago. Other people in our area have said the same.
                                                                Richard Gardner