[MAIPC] FW: Winter time

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Sat Jan 13 07:05:13 PST 2018

Marc, I’m glad you sent out this email.

It is exactly what I feel.

What I teach.

What I try to convey = get people to understand the problem and allow them to help = empower them and give them encouragement!

Then they come to LOVE each tree they saved, and want to save more.

This can give people hope in these pretty dark times.

Thanks.

Carole

Carole Bergmann

Forest Ecologist/Field Botanist

Maryland National Capital Park & Planning Commission

Just a reminder, a good project for the warmer days of Winter, such as one day last week, is to remove the vertical vine component of Japanese honeysuckle up the trees. Volunteers love each tree they just saved.

Marc Imlay, PhD, Chair, MAIPC Biological control working Group Conservation biologist,

Park Ranger Office, Non-native Invasive Plant Control coordinator.  <mailto:Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com> Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com

(301) 442-5657 cell  Natural and Historical Resources Division

The  Maryland-National   Capital   Park  and Planning Commission