[MAIPC] Wavyleaf Basketgrass in Baltimore City

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Sat Jul 21 04:24:42 PDT 2018

Does anyone have signs for WLBG that Taylor could use as a basis for
development of signs in Baltimore? Taylor, when you spray glyphosate on
patches after WLBG goes to seed it takes much longer for the this grass to
look dead than other species. For most species like stiltgrass you have to
come back once each year for late emergents. WLBG re-emerges about 5 times
even as late as November. If you have an opportunity to organize experts to
go to where WLBG is native in North and South Carolina to find a native
biological control that could be tested on our invasive WLBG up here that
would be great.

Marc Imlay, PhD, Chair, MAIPC Biological control working Group,  MD Chapter
Sierra Club Natural Places Chair.

Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office, Non-native Invasive Plant
Control coordinator.
(301) 442-5657 cell   <mailto:ialm at erols.com> ialm at erols.com
Natural and Historical Resources Division
The  Maryland-National   Capital   Park  and Planning Commission
 <http://www.pgparks.com/> www.pgparks.com