[MAIPC] Successes

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Tue Jul 24 07:11:25 PDT 2018

Just a reminder. At the 500 acres that I lead the charge on removing
invasive species of plants, Japanese stilt grass has become too hard to
remove over about 150 acres because of the massive reintroduction from
outside of the parks and deer, and probably wavyleaf basket grass at one of
the parks. Wisteria we have only been able to prevent from becoming worse.

However, we continue to have total success on all the other species: Lesser
celandine, garlic mustard, Asiatic bittersweet, wineberry, beefsteak plant,
privet, Serecia lespedeza, Japanese honeysuckle up the trees, Japanese
knotweed, bamboo, multiflora rose, Vinca, Siberian elm, Mimosa, Japanese
barberry, Bush honeysuckle, porcelain berry, wineberry,  Ailanthus and
English Ivy. Mile a minute is reduced to 10-30% because of the biocontrol
weevils.

Marc Imlay, PhD, Chair, MAIPC Biological control working Group,  MD Chapter
Sierra Club Natural Places Chair.

Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office, Non-native Invasive Plant
Control coordinator.
(301) 442-5657 cell   <mailto:ialm at erols.com> ialm at erols.com
Natural and Historical Resources Division
The  Maryland-National   Capital   Park  and Planning Commission
 <http://www.pgparks.com/> www.pgparks.com