[MAIPC] Emerald Ash Borer Workshop - July 10, 2018 - National Arboretum (Washington DC)

Jil Swearingen jilswearingen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:34:15 PDT 2018

The U.S. National Arboretum and U.S. Forest Service invite you to attend
the Emerald Ash Borer Workshop on

July 10, 2018 (9:00am to 2:30pm) at the National Arboretum in Washington DC
(3501 New York Ave., NE, Washington DC 20002). National and regional
experts will share their most recent findings on EAB biology and management
and answer your questions. Biological control will be featured. The
workshop will conclude with a field release of EAB parasitoids at the
arboretum.

*Registration is open.*  Please click the blue "*Registration is required*"
link below to register online.

*Registration is required*.
<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/NationalArboretumUSDA?season=2431902&session=38849206>
 Please register by June 30.

*Registration fee is $10. Optional lunch $12.  *

*(You must pre-order lunch; pay at workshop).*

*Emerald Ash Borer Workshop*

*An Integrated Approach to Managing the Invasive Emerald Ash Borer *

*Using Biological Control and Systemic Insecticides to Protect North
American Ash Resources*

*Morning Presentations*

*Deb McCullough.  Using What We’ve Learned to Manage Ash & EAB.*

*Roy van Driesche. Overview of Biocontrol for Insect Pests.*

* Jian Duan. Biocontrol of EAB* - Progress and Challenges.

*Houping Liu. Pennsylvania EAB update.*

* Colleen Kenny. Maryland EAB update.*

* Lori Chamberlin. Virginia EAB update.*

*Trent Dicks. Chemical Control of EAB Using Insecticide Injection.*

* Chris Carley. U.S. National Arboretum efforts.*

Lunch

*Afternoon Field Event on-site*

* Ben Slager. EAB parasitoid rearing, field release permit and request. *

* Jian Duan. Field releases of EAB parastoids.*

The Emerald Ash Borer (*Agrilus planipennis*) is one of our most serious
invasive insect pests and has killed millions of ash trees from Michigan to
Maryland.  It continues to spread into the Southeast.  However, all hope is
not lost.  Uninfected ash trees, resprouts, saplings and seedlings can be
protected with help from biological and chemical control, providing
opportunities for ash forest regeneration and restoration.  This workshop
will provide urban forest managers, park managers, land managers,
landowners and others with the latest information on how to protect ash
from EAB infestation using integrated pest management.

I hope you can make it. Please feel free to spread the word about this
workshop. If you have any questions, please email me.

Thank you,

Jil

Jil Swearingen
Invasive Species Consultant