[MAIPC] Honeysuckle Chipping

Muth, Norris (MUTH) MUTH at juniata.edu
Thu Mar 22 16:58:15 PDT 2018

Alison,
I don’t have any direct experience managing Amur honeysuckle, but I might recommend going with whatever is most expedient. If moving the material is labor intensive I probably wouldn’t bother. Allelopathic studies are notoriously difficult to rigorously control properly and the table is tilted towards finding a negative impact (either because most things are at least a little bit allelopathic or because of larger issues with the experiments). It seems like the evidence for Amur honeysuckle allelopathy is pretty good (http://www.bioone.org/doi/full/10.3159/TORREY-D-15-00049.1) – but again – if it is labor intensive then I’m not sure I would bother.

Good luck!
Norris

—

Norris Z. Muth, Ph.D.