[MAIPC] Use of black plastic to kill lesser celandine?

Susan Gitlin susan.mclaughlin at alumni.stanford.edu
Thu May 10 17:36:54 PDT 2018

A friend of mine asked about the possibility of smothering lesser celandine
with black plastic.  It had been my impression that this approach could
kill off all soil biota, but I am not sure that this is the case.  Also, I
don't know how effective this technique would be against the plant's tubers
and bulblets.

And, if this technique were used, should we wait until next year to apply
it?

I would sure appreciate your thoughts on this.

Much obliged.

--Susan Gitlin
Alexandria, VA