[MAIPC] Save-the-Date for the MAIPC 2018 bisiness meeting

Ossi, Damien (DOEE) damien.ossi at dc.gov
Mon Nov 19 09:56:53 PST 2018

MAIPC will be hosting a workshop and business meeting at Towson University in the Biology Building on December 8 from 10-3.  We're still working on a detailed agenda for the workshop, but the main speaker will be Dr. Vanessa Beauchamp from Towson.  Her lab has done significant research on the life history and ecology of wavyleaf basketgrass, and her recent research has focused on riparian restoration in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.

The agenda for the business meeting will include elections of board members and officers, discussion and planning of the 2019 conference, and discussion of funding research for biocontrols of wavyleaf basketgrass.

The slate up for election is:
Vice President: Steve Manning
Treasurer: Heather Kostick
VA - Connor McBane
MD - Jil Swearingen
PA - Marian Orlousky
NJ - Nathan Hartshorne
WV - Donna Foster
NJ - Vacant
DE - Vacant
DC - Vacant
We'll post a registration page and detailed agenda early next week.

Thank you,
Damien Ossi
Secretary, MAIPC

Damien P. Ossi
Wildlife Biologist
Fisheries and Wildlife Division
Department of Energy & Environment
Government of the District of Columbia
1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Desk: (202) 741-0840
Web: doee.dc.gov<http://www.doee.dc.gov/>

Did you know that DC has the second lowest uninsured rate in the nation? Together, let's make DC #1. Get covered and stay covered at DCHealthLink.com<https://dchealthlink.com/> or by calling (855) 532-5465. #GetCoveredDC, #StayCoveredDC