[MAIPC] Invasive plants and climate change

MARGARET L CHATHAM margaret.chatham at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 08:11:38 PST 2019

I agree that oriental bittersweet is a growing problem, but not that it’s an example of an exotic pest moving south-to-north. My first introduction to the idea of invasive exotic plants was fighting oriental bittersweet in Connecticut, 1978-81. At the time, I didn’t know of anyone else fighting the problem, but I called it a “take-over-the-world” plant & honed my recognition of it in its earliest, most easily pullable stages.

Margaret Chatham