[MAIPC] Literature on impacts of invasive plants on game wildlife?

Susan Gitlin susan.mclaughlin at alumni.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 9 14:22:29 PST 2019

Yes, thanks,everyone.  I have heard Dr. Tallamy speak on numerous
occasions.  His contributions to the connections between native plants and
the animals in our ecosystems have been wonderful.  Let's not, as a group,
however, further contribute to the public's confusion between invasive
plants and native plants.   I find myself often in the position of
clarifying the difference between the two.    Advocacy on both is important
to ecosystem protections, but invasive plants are not the opposite of
native plants.

In any case, at this point, I have not come across literature on the impact
of invasive plants and game species.  Please do let me know if you hear of
any studies!  Thank you!