[MAIPC] gypsy moth

Richard Gardner rtgardner3 at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 14:14:21 PDT 2019

The gypsy moth started emerging this past Monday from one egg mass and a second egg mass today (April 29 and May 2 respectively) I am tracking them near the Appalachian Trail, Rt. 183, Berks/Schuylkill County lines. My purpose is to have a comparison between the hatching times of the gypsy moth and spotted lanternfly. At this location I am tracking 2 gypsy moth egg masses and 3 different SLF egg mass groups for a total of 6 SLF egg masses. I am collecting vegetation photos at the same.
Does anyone want a photo or two of the gypsy moth egg masses hatching?
When the SLF egg masses hatch I will drop another note. I can add photos to this if anyone wants.
                                              Richard Gardner