[MAIPC] April 2020 Issue of Natural Places News

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Mon May 18 18:32:25 PDT 2020

Welcome to the April 2020 Issue of Natural Places News!

https://www.sierraclub.org/maryland/blog/2020/05/latest-natural-places-news

This newsletter is a publication of the Maryland Sierra Club Natural Places Committee. The purpose of this newsletter is to provide information and access to recent articles, publications, outings, and website resources that promote our mission. Our mission is to explore, enjoy, and protect natural areas in Maryland, and support the Natural Places Committee members. We value native biological diversity of all plants, animals, and fungi, including native flowers, ferns, mushrooms, birds, mussels, butterflies, frogs, and racoons. We value the diverse native habitats, including forests, meadows, wetlands. rivers, mountains, and coastal areas.

Our NEXT MEETING will be Saturday, May 16th, 2:30pm - 4:30pm on Zoom. We hope you can join us! Register here  <https://www.sierraclub.org/maryland/calendar> https://www.sierraclub.org/maryland/calendar.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

NATURE’S RESTORATION OF BALANCE ON OUR INTERCONNECTED EARTH 2

INDIGENOUS WISDOM FOR A MODERN WORLD 2

ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AND RACIAL JUSTICE ARE INTERTWINED 3

RESOURCES 5

NATURAL PLACES 7

ECO-ADVOCATE OF THE MONTH 7

HUMAN ACTIVITIES AND THE EMERGENCE OF THE PANDEMIC 8

CALL TO ACTION 9

OUTINGS AND EVENTS 10

SAFE DISTANCING ON TRAILS 11

MARYLAND EDIBLE WILD PLANTS 11