[MAIPC] Stiltgrass control

Bruce Barbour barbour at RCE.Rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 4 07:42:38 PDT 2013

Marc,
I notice you did mention herbicides. Research has shown effectiveness of
crabgrass pre-emergent herbicides on stiltgrass and, if the site
warrants it, you can also kill stiltgrass with post emergent selective
grass herbicides such as Poast and Fusilaide. Of course, depending on
your state law and the material selected there may be a requirement to
have the application done by a certified pesticide applicator.
Bruce

  Bruce Barbour                             Voice: 908-475-6505
  Ag & Resource Management Agent                 Fax: 908-475-6514
  Rutgers Cooperative Extension             Mobile: 908-309-7660
  RCE of Warren County
  165 Route 519 South
  Belvidere, N.J. 07823-1949   Internet: Barbour at Aesop.Rutgers.Edu
Learn more about the Rutgers Environmental Stewards at
http://envirostewards.rutgers.edu/