[MAIPC] small patch of kudzu: HELP

Randall, John L jrandall at email.unc.edu
Fri Sep 6 04:10:08 PDT 2013

Ruth: I agree with Kathleen - chop out the crown. See info on the SC Kudzu Coalition - www.kokudzu.com<http://www.kokudzu.com>

Johnny Randall

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2013, at 12:01 AM, "Kathy Michels" <kathleen.michels at verizon.net<mailto:kathleen.michels at verizon.net>> wrote:

>From the army ( which loses bases and vehicle sto it in the south) -  if you can get to it  : sever the crown 6 inches or so under the soil from which the vinelets grow

Sent from my mobile device

On Sep 5, 2013, at 10:42 PM, "Ruth Douglas" <cvilleruth at embarqmail.com<mailto:cvilleruth at embarqmail.com>> wrote:

Hello, all. A couple years ago I noticed a single vine of kudzu along a roadway in Albemarle Co., VA, and wrote to MAIPC to ask for advice on how to get rid of it. Someone replied and told me to email her and she’d give me some detailed advice, but I got distracted by other things and didn’t get back to her.

Now, of course it’s grown, but I think it could still be stopped in its tracks, but I’d really appreciate some advice on how to go about killing a small infestation. I think it’s coming from a single root but now there are several separate vines emanating from it. But I haven’t climbed the embankment to look closely at it.

So, I’d really appreciate some suggestions on how to combat it.

Ruth Douglas
Charlottesville, VA