[MAIPC] Ailanthus and Basalbark Treatment

Art Gover aeg2 at psu.edu
Wed Aug 12 07:50:28 PDT 2015

I typically recommend treating later in the season, say late August/early September (depending on size - I think big ones need more time to be completely affected), enjoying their fall ‘color’, then cutting them in the dormant months.  I would counsel this in place of stump treatment as well.

As you point out, stump treatment will likely lead to ongoing sucker management.

Be well.

Art

Penn State Wildland Weed Management
116 ASI Building