[MAIPC] Maple in Question

Matthew Sarver matt at matthewsarver.com
Wed Jul 15 11:39:25 PDT 2015

Hi Patricia,

Those appear to be sugar maples, based on the 3-5 main veins, the lack of
spine-like tips on the leaf apices, and your description of lack of milky
sap.

For details on how to ID this species combination and several others, you
can download the PDF of a publication that I coauthored here:
http://delawareinvasives.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Mistaken_Identity.5855244.pdf

Best,
Matt