[MAIPC] Where does a lay person acquire Pathfinder II?

Susan Gitlin susan.mclaughlin at alumni.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 10 18:25:05 PDT 2015

Hello, everyone.

Last fall, my husband and I purchased a 9-acre lot in Rockbridge County,
VA.  It's a beautiful location on a river, with 6 or 7 acres of it wooded.
The woods contain many pawpaws, spicebush shrubs, mayapples, bluebells,
wild ginger and ferns underneath a canopy of many hardwoods.  But, frankly,
the understory is dominated by invasives.  I spent most of my spring
weekends pulling garlic mustard, and now I'm considering what to tackle
next.  You name it, and we've got it -- and a lot of it.

I'm thinking of trying some cut and stump treatment and basal bark
treatment for the mutliflora rose and Ailanthus.  I'd prefer not to use
chemicals, but a 100% manual approach seems rather inefficient and
ineffective in this case.

I could use your advice on whether Pathfinder II is the best chemical
treatment for my purposes, particularly given that this property is near
water.  Also, I am not a trained professional, and I wonder whether and
where I can purchase it and application equipment.  I have done some
googling, and have not found a source.

What advice can you offer me?

Many thanks!

-- Susan Gitlin