[MAIPC] Native meadows

Stephen Hiltner stevehiltner at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:24:49 PDT 2015

In several instances--not on meadow restorations--I've observed that lambs
quarters can grow very densely the first year after soil is disturbed, then
largely disappear in subsequent years without any efforts to discourage it.
Can't say whether any other weedy species have that deceptive first year
surge.