[MAIPC] Mid Atlantic Early Detection Network (MAEDN) - New and Improved version!

Swearingen, Jil jil_swearingen at nps.gov
Sun Nov 22 06:56:01 PST 2015

Hi,

If you haven't downloaded the latest version of MAEDN for your Android or
i-phone, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you are a first-time
user, go to http://www.eddmaps.org/midatlantic/  Use of wi-fi is
recommended due to the size of the database. The phone app has a limited
no. of species available for reporting to keep it manageable. A more
complete list is available on the website. We're adding new species all the
time and add high priority early detection species regularly.

Thanks to Chuck Bargeron, Technology Director for the University of
Georgia's Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health (CISEH) for
providing such an excellent tool for reporting invasive species and for
continually improving it.

Please let me know if you'd like to serve as an Expert Verifier for a
county in the mid-Atlantic region. Expert Verifiers are responsible for
checking and verifying records to provide quality control. Email
notifications are sent to verifiers as species are reported.

Any questions or issues? Please contact me. *Note: I'll be away Nov 23-Dec
7.

Now, Let's get out there and map those bad boys and girls!

Thank you,

Jil

--
*​​**Jil Marie Swearingen*
*​IPM​ ​& Invasive Species ​Coordinator*

*​S​upport the National Park Service's Centennial Biological Survey events
​a​nd the Taxonomists​ who​ ​make them ​p​ossible​. *
http://inside.nps.gov/index.cfm?handler=viewnpsnewsarticle&type=Announcements&id=17856