[MAIPC] FW: Stilt grass question

Hughes, Jake jake_hughes at nps.gov
Mon Sep 28 05:03:11 PDT 2015

My guess is that light limitation is at work.  Cole and Weltzin found the
same pattern with paw paw (Asimina triloba):

Cole, P.G. and J.F. Weltzin. 2005. Light limitation creates patchy
distribution of an invasive grass in eastern deciduous forests. Biological
Invasions 7(3): 477-488.

--
Jake Hughes
Lead Biological Science Technician