[MAIPC] Another invasive plant species that kills our mammals

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Wed Dec 28 18:05:38 PST 2016

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/family-of-black-bears-found-
dead-common-shrub-played-role/77446/

"The English yew is a conifer native to Europe, Africa, and southwest Asia,"
explained the Pennsylvania Game Commission in a Facebook post. "The plant
has lance-shaped leaves and produces a red berry-like cupped structure
called an 'aril' that contains a single brown seed. It is widely cultivated
in eastern North America as an ornamental shrub and often found in urban
environments."