[MAIPC] APHIS will begin announcing completed WRAs through its stakeholder registry notice

Koop, Anthony L - APHIS Anthony.L.Koop at aphis.usda.gov
Tue Oct 11 06:49:22 PDT 2016

Hello,

The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture routinely conducts weed risk assessments (WRAs) as part of its ongoing mission to protect US plant resources. A weed risk assessment is a science-based evaluation of the potential of a plant species to establish, spread, and cause harm in agricultural and natural systems. We post completed WRAs on our website for transparency, but also so that stakeholders may use them as resources in their own programs and activities. To access these WRAs, please visit our website<https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/plant-pest-and-disease-programs/pests-and-diseases/sa_weeds/sa_noxious_weeds_program/ct_riskassessments>.
You may sign up with the APHIS Stakeholder Registry to receive messages when we complete and post new WRAs to our website. The Registry allows anyone who can access the Internet, anywhere in the world, to subscribe to topics we provide that are of interest to them.  To subscribe, click here<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDAAPHIS/subscriber/new>.  You can receive either text messages or emails per your choosing.  You will be presented with topics and you should select those that are of interest. PPQ has added short descriptions to most of our topics summarizing the kind of information that we post to that topic. For information about weed risk assessments, select any or all of the following topics:  Federally Regulated (Noxious Weeds), Plants for Planting, Risk Analyses and Assessments (PRAs).  You can unsubscribe or change your selections at any time by returning to the subscription screen, or clicking on the link provided in the footer of messages you will receive.
Thank you for your time,

Anthony L. Koop (Plant Ecologist)
Plant Epidemiology and Risk Analysis Laboratory
Center for Plant Health Science and Technology
USDA - APHIS - PPQ

North Carolina State University
1730 Varsity Drive, Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27606-5202

Phone: (919) 855-7429
Fax:      (919) 855-7599
Email:  anthony.l.koop at aphis.usda.gov<mailto:anthony.l.koop at aphis.usda.gov>

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or a part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD). To file a complaint of discrimination write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.