[MAIPC] non-chemical shrub control techniques

Foster, Donna M -FS donnamfoster at fs.fed.us
Thu Aug 10 07:13:55 PDT 2017

Mark,

We did a project once with large Lonicera maackii along a small stream. We cut them flush and then in the winter when there was snow on the ground we used propane tanks with burners and scorched them to prevent basal sprouting. It worked well.

Donna

[Forest Service Shield]

Donna Marie Foster
Landscape Architect

Forest Service
Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry

p: 304-285-1547
c: 304-276-8989
donnamfoster at fs.fed.us<mailto:donnamfoster at fs.fed.us>

180 Canfield Street