[MAIPC] another conservation-bashing book: Inheritors of the Earth

Stephen Hiltner stevehiltner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 08:51:15 PST 2017

Another book has been added to the "invasive species aren't so bad after
all" genre. If you have some bubble-bursting time over the holidays, you
can go to the review page
<https://www.amazon.com/Inheritors-Earth-Nature-Thriving-Extinction/product-reviews/1610397274/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews>
at Amazon and either add a review or mark as "helpful" or "unhelpful" the
various reviews. A one star review I wrote can be accessed by clicking on
"see all six negative reviews" and scrolling down. Goodreads also is a
reviewing site.

Portions of the book are accessible at Amazon or Goodreads without buying
it. I checked a copy out of the library and have taken extensive notes on
what is said where. Among many dubious claims, it characterizes invasive
species as winners, most natives as losers, without mentioning that a
plant's rampancy often has to do not with some inherent superiority but
with whether the local wildlife will eat the foliage.

And if you buy anything from Amazon, remember to sign on with smile.Amazon
and support your favorite good cause. The actual support is not sufficient
reason to buy there, but can be cumulative.

Steve
NewsCompanion.com
PrincetonNatureNotes.org