[MAIPC] New York invasives

HTI Gmail historictimekeepers at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 05:43:39 PDT 2017

This is a very interesting model.  This model is extremely inclusive and
works through multiple non-profits to get the work done.  IFor example,
they contract with an AT trail maintaining club (New York New Jersey
Trail Conference) to manage the invasive control (including herbicide)
program on public trail systems.

Other programs are more landowner focused (important, not complete).

FWIW, I just came back from a week training on the 1964 Wilderness Act
and training of stewards for those areas.  That gave me whole new
perspective and appreciation for what we are doing.  While I consider
myself "just" a forest gardener, we ARE protecting the wilderness areas
by fighting to improve the health of the buffers.

Regards,

Dewey Clark
Club Naturalist
Co-District Manager (PA)