[MAIPC] Scilla siberica (belated)

Donna Ford-Werntz dford2 at wvu.edu
Thu Jun 8 13:50:16 PDT 2017

A patch of Scilla in WVU arboretum has persisted and not spread for 20 years.

We have herbarium specimen from garden in same town dated 1937.

Chionodoxa (with tepal bases fused) is noted as garden escape in 1913.

Seems like neither is currently problematic in WV, but I'm glad to be aware.

Donna Ford-Werntz, Herbarium Curator
Associate Clinical Professor
Biology Dept., Box 6057
Life Sci. Bldg., 53 Campus Dr.