[MAIPC] Faith posts blog contrasting Pres. budget with APHIS funding needs

Phytodoer at aol.com Phytodoer at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 11:07:25 PDT 2017

Hello, forest pest mavens!

I had a medical issue for a couple of crucial weeks, so I only now have
reviewed the President's budget request for APHIS' tree pest programs.   APHIS
proposes to cut funding for the ALB eradication program & EAB  containment
program by 50%!!!!!!!  There is no funding to address other  pests (except
the gypsy moth).

See my blog at _www.cisp.us_ (http://www.cisp.us)  or _www.nivemnic.us_
(http://www.nivemnic.us)  for more information.

Please lobby your Representative and Senators in support for maintaining  cu
rrent funding levels for the "tree & wood pest" program.

I provide a list of members of the House & Senate Agriculture
Appropriations subcommittee in my blog from mid-May.

Faith