[MAIPC] spotted lantern fly

Steve Young sly27 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 8 13:23:23 PDT 2017

See attached factsheet.

Steve

From: MAIPC <maipc-bounces at lists.maipc.org> on behalf of Richard Gardner <rtgardner3 at yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 7:17 PM
To: MAIPSC <maipc at lists.maipc.org>
Subject: [MAIPC] spotted lantern fly

I saw my first Spotted Lantern Fly today at First Energy Stadium, Reading, Berks County, PA. Apparently it is infested with them. This makes sense since this is a minor league baseball stadium where people from infested parts of the county gather to watch strange men chase a white ball while drinking something with less flavor than water. It apparently hitch-hiked to this location.

My feelings are that for now the spread cannot be stopped unless a native bird or insect develops a taste for them or a disease takes them down.

                                              Richard Gardner