[MAIPC] spotted lantern fly

Richard Gardner rtgardner3 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 16:17:15 PDT 2017

I saw my first Spotted Lantern Fly today at First Energy Stadium, Reading, Berks County, PA. Apparently it is infested with them. This makes sense since this is a minor league baseball stadium where people from infested parts of the county gather to watch strange men chase a white ball while drinking something with less flavor than water. It apparently hitch-hiked to this location.
My feelings are that for now the spread cannot be stopped unless a native bird or insect develops a taste for them or a disease takes them down.
                                              Richard Gardner