[MAIPC] eradicating lesser celandine

Mark Frey runcator at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 04:58:24 PDT 2017

Rachel

The herbicide option gives you the most flexibility planting-wise but
cardboard should work too. I would wait until it is fully up (likely
January) before smothering. Just be sure to weight it down with mulch or
something else and reverse-shingle so that water can run under the
cardboard instead of only over. If you don't you can create erosion issues.
After five months of being in the rain and snow you can choose to plant
through the cardboard although I would wait an entire year so you have a
chance to either re-smother or chemically treat in the second year. Any
option will require follow up for at least a second year.

Mark